After 2 months of hard work, we're proud to present you a new stable release of Display Suite and two new modules implementing the API, User displays and Views displays. A list of new features and bugfixes is available on the release notes of DS 6.x-1.1, make sure to read them as we had to introduce 2 small API changes. If you choose to upgrade, make sure you upgrade all other implementations too. A summary of cool new features:
- Support for fieldgroups: the number one feature request by many users. You don't necessarily have to enable the fieldgroups module which comes with CCK, you can create as many as you like with the DS API via the interface. As a bonus, when the tabs module is enabled, you can change the output of your fieldgroups to tabs.
- User Displays: first release which has support for the core profile module. Theming of the user profile finally got nice, especially in combination with fieldgroups support.
- Views Displays: drag and drop your views, also with support for the Views attach module.
- Region to block plugin: exposes regions per content type and build mode to a block.
- Various other small new features like adding styles, simple panels support, location/gmap and syncing and copying display settings from one build mode to another.
New screencasts are available showing the new features and our demo site is also still available.
- Release 1.1, preview: http://www.vimeo.com/10533721
- User displays, developer preview http://www.vimeo.com/10565821
- Views displays and ND location: http://www.vimeo.com/10309385
The roadmap has been updated, next focus is creating a full working version for Drupal 7. In the meantime, enjoy and see you hopefully at Drupalcon for our session about Display Suite!