A few weeks ago, I sat down with some friends in a cosy bar where we killed time reading The book of all answers by Carol Bolt. Well, reading is wrong, the concept of the book is simple: you ask yourself a question, pick a random page of the book and it will answer you with a one-liner. Always fun to start hilarious discussions whether the answer hits the nail on the head or doesn't even come close to logical sense. I added it to my amazon wishlist and since it's almost new year, you should get the hint right ? :)
It's tuesday and I'm still a bit tired from the weekend. I came home late on friday evening after a day in Holland for a Dutch Drupal conference. Especially Yweyn's presentation about oss licences, with a focus on the differences between gpl2 and 3, was extremely interesting. One hour was not enough in my opinion, so I guess we'll have to ask him again one day.
On saturday, I had a birthday party together with 4 other friends. It was way cool to see some old friends again having a fun night. Some things I learned:
- Rock'n'Roll is not dead on parties. We allready have the idea to organize another one next year.
- I need to introduce some friends to my old homies from Gent, so they can share the money for the tux when I turn 40.
- Nearly anything fits if the hole in your earlobe is big enough.
- Though looking guys with leather jackets and big beards do like madonna.
- I have all the respect for taxi drivers who bring people home, often quite wasted :)
Anyway, thanks to everyone who passed by, played music, drank beer and so on. See you next year maybe!
In less than 2 months, I'm celebrating the 30th year on this planet and I want everyone to share that day with me. I'm throwing a party the 7th of june 2008 with 4 other friends at the Tequila in Gent (stalhof 4). We chose this place because we're able to play our own music, so expect some nostalgic tunes from the 90's. If you read this and you feel like coming, you're invited. I'll send out e-mails too, but I'm pretty sure I'll forget a lot of people. Don't feel offended if you are one of them, it's not my intention, just come along and we'll buy you some beers!
And if you have some spare time: try to match our names with a kid on the picture.
I managed to drive for more than 3 months without my car papers, I can't really guess what would have happened if the cops would have stopped me. So next time when my parents advise to hide them somewhere in my house when I'm on vacation, I'll gladly ignore this. And to think I've been to France twice - I'm a lucky boy sometimes. Anyway, that's the most exciting thing that happened to me in 2008 so far, I'm hoping to get to some new song-recording this weekend and not touch a keyboard at all!
Back from France and into a new year, time for some bold predictions for 2008:
- I'll make some cool trips, one being to the USA. check!
- The second (maybe the third, we'll see) of my triplet tattoo project on my arm will be finished. check!
- I will at least attend one geek conference and maybe speak at one - probably about Drupal. check!
- Time for daring stuff: a parachute or a bunguee jump or anything that makes my heart go much faster
- I'll start jamming again, but now with the Canisters and buy that beer I promised to some people Partially check!
- I'll meet one famous person - preferably Scarlett Johansson - and share a beer with him/her
- My living room will be reorganised with a big mediashelve where I store all my books and cd's
- I will create the coolest door to my bureau ever, a bit like this.
- Rethink my complete pc/media/audio/jukebox setup in my house
- I will be able to do the Michael Jackson's moonwalk by the end of year. check!