Indigenous for Android
Over the last few weeks, I've been working on a Drupal module for IndieWeb and Indigenous, an Android application which supports micropub and microsub. I'm using it already to post notes, images and even awesome geocaches to my site, often syndicating them to Twitter. Progress on the app heavily depends on how fast I can add features to the Drupal module, but it's going faster than I expected, which is good as it's all very exciting! There is of course the time aspect, but I'm not complaining, yet - although I'm still figuring out if I can setup some funding for both projects, so ideas are welcome!
You can now download the app from Google Play. If you want to install it manually, you can also go over to the release section on GitHub. Use GitHub to post issues, ideas, documentation, nicer icons, design mockups ... everyone can help out!
Features available, with many more to come:
- Sign in with IndieAuth and discover the authorization, token, microsub and micropub endpoints. The microsub endpoint is optional, so you can simply use the app for posting only. Multiple accounts are supported.
- Posts: note, article, like, reply, repost, bookmark, event and RSVP. Add tags and an image, and share your location
- Syndication: syndicate to your favorite social channel or to the reply/like/repost URL.
- Microsub: list channels and read all posts per channel. You can directly reply, like or repost per post. Long articles have a 'Read more' button and images can be viewed in fullscreen. Oh, and audio can be listened to directly, so that makes Indigenous a podcast app too!
- Sharing: Indigenous can accept images or text from other apps. Share an image on your site, or reply to a URL in no time.
Kaushal on Wed, 11/04/2018 - 16:20
swentel on Wed, 11/04/2018 - 16:19
ali on Wed, 01/08/2018 - 18:36
Chris Aldrich on Sun, 16/02/2020 - 09:01